REASONS YOU WILL WANT
to relocate to Rochester NY!
- The people: Rochester is a big city with a small-town feel. Rochester is the third-most populous city in the state of New York – just behind New York City and Buffalo with a population estimated at 208,000 as of 2017.
- The education: Rochester is 3rd in the nation for college degrees per capita. The Greater Rochester, NY region is home to 19 colleges and universities. The area attracts some of the best minds in the country, and we have R&D resources that are unsurpassed.
- The housing: One of the reasons many people choose to live in Rochester is its affordability. The cost of living is significantly below the national average, which is likely why families choose to move to the area and stay. The housing market in Rochester is very affordable and won’t drain you of all your savings! The average home price in 2019 was $125,000
- The seasons: We have 4 distinct seasons and autumn in Western NY is spectacular!
- The action: Rochester has numerous festivals (over 100 each year), the most famous being our annual internationally renowned Lilac Festival in May. We also have over 90 museums and art galleries around Rochester. We are home to the Strong Museum of Play, The George Eastman House, and the Jell-O Museum!
- The food / beverages: We have over 100 wineries, breweries, and microbreweries in the Finger Lakes Region. Rochester is home to oldest brewery in the USA: Genesee Brewing Company.
- Natural awesomeness: Lake Ontario, the Finger Lakes, the “Grand Canyon of the East”: Letchworth State Park, Niagara Falls, Canada, Buffalo, Syracuse are all a stone’s throw away
- We are The World’s Image Center: Home to Kodak and Xerox……we are the leader in Optics, Photonics, and Imaging: Over 120 businesses in Rochester are devoted to these industries